Saturday 16 August 2008

Directory Sites

I've been using Mikes wonderful submitter program http://www.sliqtools.co.uk/directory-submission-tool.aspx. Although I've been using his beta.

While I've been submitting I've been wondering about the benefits of having such a site?

I mean I guess you can put links / adverts to your own sites / products.
But what are the other potential benefits?

I was thinking if I did setup a site, other sites, well some of them, only accept sites of a certain type. I was thinking I could setup a site which is in the same area as some of my own products. I could then have content which is similar to my own and therefore my links (at the top of the pages) could get better get impressions because theres a better range of keywords and content shown on google.

However, I would also be promoting my competitors products at the same time.

So I'm not sure whether its worth the effort.

I'm guessing you must be able to download the software which you will pretty much just have to upload to a domain and your up and running?

Thoughts?

by JM

3 comments:

  1. I think directories are probably a lot of work - like our software sites. Having said that I think they do serve a purpose and an imaginative set of categories (and subsequent content) could be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and you could use the free PHPLd script to set up a directory - possibly as a subdomain of SoftTester ....

    ReplyDelete