Friday 1 August 2008

Roundup of current SERPs for MDBSecure Old Site

Out of interest I thought I'd take a look on Google to see how the old Mindwarp mdbsecure-free-trial-download page was doing in the search results. We tweaked it a couple of months ago and I was interested to see how it might be doing more recently. It's not doing badly at all. Here are some results for different searches:

"access database security"   12
"ms access database security"   10
"ms access security"    8
"ms database security"    12
"secure ms access databases"   3
"secure access databases"   6
"how to make an access database secure"  6

The new site is doing well for this phrase:

"ms database security"    3

but I didn't find it in the results for the other phrases.

This sort of indicates the old, tweaked page is pretty good in terms of SERPs, i.e. it's on page 1 for lots of search terms and with a few more tweaks within the mindwarp site could do even better.

by ML

8 comments:

  1. Ah thats great.

    Although I'm not really sure what my long term goal is, well I mean I want to get rid of the old site.

    But I mean, I don't know what to do about the pages on the old site, I'm not too keen on having them on the new site. Although I guess if I just have them on the sitemap that might be OK.

    What do you think I should do with the other pages on the old site, when I do finally "switch off" the old site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my first thought is whether there is an advantage in keeping them? Is the only advantage in getting rid of them a saving in cost?

    If the only advantage in getting rid of them is cost, how much would you save?

    To be pragmatic, I'd aim to start small with the new site - one or two pages with real content - and you've got one already, the homepage.

    I wouldn't plan to transfer any of the old stuff across. The old pages seem to do OK in terms of SERPs where they are - they just aren't converting to sales - so I'd do new ones on the new site if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so I have don't forget

    http://www.msaccessdatabasesecurity.com/

    is postion 77 on google for

    MS Access Database Security

    today.

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=MS+Access+Database+Security&start=70&sa=N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting better. Today the new site is position 47. It's jumped 30 positions in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm I make it position 52 today... hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Hmmm a good or a bad Hmmm!

    In my experience you'll wander up and down the rankings in Google for the first few months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erm Hmmm was, weird...

    53 today

    ReplyDelete
  8. Positions today

    "access database security" 14 +2
    "ms access database security" 31 + 21
    "ms access security" 8 same
    "ms database security" 12
    "secure ms access databases" 6 +3
    "secure access databases" 6 same
    "how to make an access database secure" 4 - 2

    The new site is doing well for this phrase:

    "ms database security" 14 +11

    So I'm doing worse in most cases :(

    ReplyDelete