Sunday 10 August 2008

Firewall and Anti-Virus Software

Why?

Why should you bother with Firewall and Anti-Virus software?
Whose going to be interested in what I have on my PC?

Well theres lots of valueable information on a PC even one you just bought and switched on. Whether its license keys for your software, credit card, bank statements, your postal address, your email address or passwords.

This information has value to someone else.

Treat your computer like your home or your money.

What is a firewall?
There are two types hardware and software. Firewall hardware, is a box of tricks which sits in between your PC and your internet connection. Both try to put a wall in between your pc and potential harm.

Whats Anti-Virus Software?
If you haven't heard of a computer virus, its much the same as a human virus it attacks your PC and causes harm, viruses range in severity.

You can get FREE software.

Zone Alaram
AVG


Great Shareware and Freeware Software Downloads

1 comment:

  1. As it happens I just bought AVG 8 Internet Security Suite.

    I had been using AVG's free v7.5 antivirus software but it found a trojan being downloaded to my PC at about 10am this morning. I couldn't really tell if AVG had healed the file or was just tellng me there was a problem. A quick search on Google showed that other people were also confused by the capabilities of the free version.

    I decided to buy v8 (£39.99). It seems pretty good and is very fast at scanning. I've let it run for 4 hours today and so far it's found 2 trojans and 1 virus. These must have been present when the free version was installed so it must be worthwhile purchasing.

    Like you say, I've got lots of valuable software on my PC and many hours of work that I don't want to lose.

    ReplyDelete