Saturday 1 November 2008

More shareware site spam filters

I've now got in place a limit of submissions per author by category.

I've also noticed that some authors are using the same home page for a lot of programs.

To me this says, that there trying to sub-promote other people programs.

So I've also put into a place a limit on authors, program home page by category.

Also, I discovered that I was producing broken links and therefore getting a lot of extra search engine bot visits. Previously I was showing the correct page but with a different URL and therefore producing duplicates for google. So instead, I'm now doing a search on the page name instead. Which is producing a list which will include the correct url and any other matching records.

Gutted that I was producing bad links :(

by JM
by JM

1 comment:

  1. i've been beefing up the backend of my website to make management easier. I can now blacklist sites with a single click. I'll share some screenshots with you so you can see how I manage my submissions. Good to see you'vemanaged to make more corrections in terms of URLs/ duplicates. Traffic for softtester still seems to be on the up.

    ReplyDelete