Thursday 20 November 2008

Giving Authors more from your download site

I've been using a submitting program (which I bought the other day) and got an email back from one site, with SEO information about my site. Most of which was only available if I paid for it.

This gave me an idea.

Those emails authors get are in most cases a real wasted opportunity.
I'm not going to rabbit on about engaging the customer, like Blue :)

However, I think if we could perform an analysis of the their pad file, which would encourage them to visit the site, this could lead to further revenue / traffic.

The obvious analysis, I'm thinking, is to check keywords appear in the description.

I was going to start a posting on optimizing pad files anyway, but I don't think I'm equipped to to say I'm and expert on this. Far from it I believe I need to learn and make a lot of changes.

Thoughts?

by
JM

2 comments:

  1. It would be interesting to do some analysis of a PAD file,
    e.g. to see how many duplicate copies there were of
    their descriptions around the internet and reminding the
    author to stand out from the crowd.

    Not sure about keywords - what sort of thing do you
    think could be offered to optimise the PAD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, do you think authors steal other authors description content, is that what you meant?

    Yeah I did think of keywords also description, urls, categories.

    I think pad files should be treated like web pages and be optimized. However, I'm worried about using the content from my webpages as my descriptions.

    I guess we need to think about how our pad data will look on a page.

    And for the keywords, we need to check they are used in out descriptions etc.

    Once we have a list of rules , we can assign points and then this could be written in code.

    ReplyDelete