Monday 19 January 2009

How to rename and fix your mp3 tags?

I've no idea :)

Thats why I'm putting this post together.

I've got some MP3 which have been ripped without the mp3 tags (ID3 tags) or a good file name. I wouldn't mind but I'd got some duplicate tracks off compliation cds.

I've tried some shareware apps which try to fix the tags and file names, based some information in the file name.

I was thinking, it should be possible to search for the master cd and get the tracks names that way. But I haven't found any software to do it. I'm also not sure if you'd be able to access the internet database of cds.

Also, I guess this is only useful if know where your mp3s came from.

Another idea, I know this sounds a bit futureistic, but theres that service which you can whistle a tune into your mobile and texts you the track name etc, if this could be linked it it would great.

However, i think the search idea is most realistic, but I don't have the time to devlop this at the moment :(

Maybe I could re-write the tracks back on to cd or get my master cds out and re-do the tags in windows media player where I can search or it would detect the cd tracks names.

No comments:

Post a Comment