Thursday 8 January 2009

1.8" LCD 2GB Car Mp4 MP3 Player Transmitter, I bought

In November I was looking on eBay and found a better FM MP3 transmitter for the car. My old one worked with 1gb USB sticks, which is good, but a little limited in space.

Just to give some background, what this device does, is it transmits MP3 onto the FM radio band, it can then be picked up by your car radio. Short distance FM transmitting was made legal in the UK in 2007.

The 1.8" device I bought has 500mb internal storage which works fine. It shows the track name and you can even show the lyrics on the display. You've got a selection of graphic equalizer settings and it keeps the last track you played, and you can set it to shuffle.

It takes a SD 2gb card, so you can add more MP3s.

Unfortunetly I can't get it recognise any of the files I put on the SD card.

Initially, I had a problem where I could only copy 125 files to the card, so I create some folders and put the files in there. But the device didn't like this.

I bought a card reader and formatted the card to FAT32 and copied loads of MP3s on the card, but again the device didn't like it.

I bought the card from a chinese seller on eBay, the instructions are in Chinese but a limited anyway. I have emailed the guy several times and he has tried to help. I've already left him good feedback, so I can't really send it back.

Just wonder if anyone out there can offer me any advice as to how to get the SD card working?

Heres a picture of it..

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm had an idea, i've put a post on expert exchange :) fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I've got sorted.

    Even though the device saw the card with the usb cable attached, it didn't when in the car.

    I got a full SD card, not a micro card and it work in the car, I've only tried FAT at the moment, will have to see if FAT32 works too, fingers crossed it will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odzież reklamowa...

    1.8″ LCD 2GB Car Mp4 MP3 Player Transmitter, I bought | Posts on Home-based Topics...

    ReplyDelete