Sunday 6 July 2008

The importance of good site design

When i setup my first websites, I knew that it was important to use light colours and make the users feel comfortable and not scare them off with nasty colours and horrid text colours or styles.

I then progressed a bit further and realised that those stock site design were a great idea and made your site look professional, I have a site with a smiling business woman at the top and office type images and the name of my web site / company.

Then I discovered it was important to have good content at the top of your page for search engine positioning.

Now, I've just thought that the most important thing is to consider that small window area using the most popular screen resolution size aka that first area that a customer will see when they find your site from a search engine.

If this area is full of graphics, your company name and doesn't give the customer the answer he seeks, without scrolling down, hes probably going to click back and look at the next search engine listing.

So not only do we have to worry about the SEO of our page, but site design, the list is never ending.

by JM

No comments:

Post a Comment