Monday 16 June 2008

Follow me in nofollowing ...

Next thought on optimising Softtester is as follows ....

Are there any top level pages it simply isn't worth having as landing pages? At first glance, I can think of:

  1. Link to us

  2. Authors

  3. Privacy Policy

  4. Contact Us

  5. Installation Help


They all suck up a bit of PR and don't hand it back to that many other pages, e.g. the category pages. Perhaps it's worth considering making links to these pages from everywhere else in Softtester rel="nofollow". Alternatively you could use the robots.txt to prevent the pages being indexed.

by ML

3 comments:

  1. Authors page too ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could do. But we may need to think about moving some of the text into a short "About SoftTester" section on the front page.

    There's a lot of blank space either side of the Kids Mask Factory ad that some text could be placed in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I don't think there any of those "standard" pages which are set to be indexed, so I guess I can add no follow.

    The space either side of KMF is intentional, as it allows people with lower screen resolutions to see the site. It may look a bit odd at higher.

    I guess if I'm going to get the site re-designed at somepoint its no biggy at this stage.

    ReplyDelete