Tuesday 9 September 2008

Shop Sites, should they be like normal sites too?

At the moment my shop sites are my top priority, well my kids maths site is and anything I can transfer into the jewellery site I do that too.

I've been using the adwords keyword tool to try and add some further keywords into my product pages.

Then I started thinking, it difficult to add content to shop sites without ruining your product pages. So what about genuine content pages?

I suppose the difficultly is what content do people who are searching to buy your product want to see?

by JM

2 comments:

  1. I'd just like to add, so myself and Aaron can add this to our To Do list, think we need to change those existing PHP files created before page name changes to forward to the new page, then google won't punish us for duplicates.

    Depending on the SEO Mod option we've chosen this can be done in two ways, by a PHP header forward or via ReWrite, which I'm not sure how to do, but there is a posting on the rewrite forum which I haven't actioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also need to add internal links to top of all our pages, in some sort of banner positions, probably underneath the title bar. The tricky thing about this ensuring SEO mod naming compatibility. However I'm sure we could find the code CC uses for this.

    Can't find a mod to do this though.

    ReplyDelete