Thursday 11 September 2008

Going along with the traffic

I may be imagining things, but I've noticed something funny with the traffic to my main site in the last few weeks. For most of the last 6 months, visitors to my main site followed the same pattern - up on specific days of the week, down on certain others, up at certain times of day and so on. This pattern was as reliable as clockwork.

In the last 5 to 6 weeks however, the pattern has changed. Days which had lots of visitors no longer do - at least as a porportion of overall traffic, whereas other days now have proportionally more. I also notice that Softtester's traffic goes up and down inline with my main site's traffic - a bit like US and UK shares!

The only thing I can put this down to is that I've done a whole load more PAD file submissions in the past couple of months and I'm tapping into the same type of traffic visiting Softtester. Also Softtester is an old site in comparison with mine. In non-UK countries I've only begun to do well really since the end of July so perhaps now my visitor profile is beginning to match Softtester's more global audience.

by ML

1 comment:

  1. I thought I'd wait before I replied just incase G or A, did.

    I don't keep track of my stats, I don't really look at the at all.

    I'm guessing you keep all these stats in your head ? :)
    And in reply to an email you sent me recently, yes it is sad ;)

    I guess I should keep some sort of diary maybe.

    ReplyDelete