Sunday 1 March 2009

Strange SERPs results

As I wrote a few days ago, SoftwareLode has been disappearing from Google search results. I did have 3500 pages in the main index in mid-January but over the following weeks most of my pages were dumped from the index and my visitor levels crashed. Whereas I was making a good $5 a day on Adsense I ended up being lucky to make $1.

The strange thing was though that for keywords on the homepage I still did well. For "Free DVD Software" I was still on page 1 and for "Free Software Downloads" I was around #40. In the last week though, I started disappearing for "Free Software Downloads" too. For the last 3 days I didn't appear anywhere for this keyword in the first 1000 results.

Today though the trend is reversing and all of a sudden I have 100 more pages in the main index than yesterday. The other good news is that I'm doing better than ever for "Free Software Downloads" - I'm at #27 on google.co.uk and #19 on google.ca. This compares with SoftTester at positions #49 and #68 respectively on .co.uk and .ca. Why SoftwareLode is higher than SoftTester I'm not sure.

3 comments:

  1. Thats very interesting.

    I guess the obvious answer is that I'm not so bothered about those keywords. Its my adsense revenue which is most important. Therefore it has to be my program pages which are the key.

    Have you noticed this blog has lost its PR again

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reason I find the results strange is I find it hard to
    understand why the homepage does well for certain
    keywords but the program pages don't. So the question
    is how could this be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange about the loss of PR too!

    I posted on a forum (webcosmoforums) about how a site
    could be PR 3 then N/A and no-one had a clue. They all
    thought it could be PR 3 then go to 0 but never to N/A.

    ReplyDelete