Monday 30 March 2009

Get more work done with noise cancelling headphones

I spend a lot of time in a room where there are two tvs going and my son noisely playing with his toys. Normally I wouldn't be too bothered. However, recently I've been getting a lot of headaches, which are commonly at the same time of the day.

I also spend a lot of time with my laptop, not being able to get much done and getting really frustrated.

I don't seem to be able to work at my desktop pc at all these days again, due to noise and not being able to concentrate.

Its kind of a vicious circle, get less done, get frustrated and then get a headache.

I tried using some normal headphones, but this didn't drown out the noise.

So I discovered you could get noise cancelling headphones, mine have a battery in them and an on/off switch. It causes a hissing sound. Apparently there supposed to be a microphone near the ear which interacts and produces the hissing noise.

When I'm listening to music, it just seems louder, but the hiss, seems to block out some background noise. Not all noise, so I can hear if my son trips over or something, but enough to allow me to concentrate.

Over the weekend, I was sat doing some coding, in a couple of short sessions, where normally I'd have to spend ages trying to concentrate then struggle to do a few lines of code.

Anyways, my life has been transformed :)

6 comments:

  1. wildstar guide blog...

    I really do, The sport is an exciting game most definitely i'll say that's. but, Of your current machines perhaps may be commonly into, They are not awake and while they are decline they right after. So like really don't perform like this a lot of c...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nike air max homme pas cher...

    Romney are going to launch his / her taxes when the other shills relieve their own. Just like claim any Nancy Pelosi....

    ReplyDelete
  3. air max pas cher...

    OK Just down loaded SBB and not very pleased with it all specially not any remove selections taken away often the SBB as well as World wide web Framework elemnents through Control Panel however KHost and also KService remain so taking twice coming back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wildstar commentary...

    Several compartments to some extent is the artisan whom do you know the duvet art towards the new. This particular personal unsecured at the moment decorates the coverage ture over a good presentation content. As we had been walking around through artw...

    ReplyDelete
  5. nike tn pas cher...

    Grooveshark does indeed suggest tunes to nike tn pas cher you personally based on whats already within your playlist in case you click on the radio station press butto nike tn pas chern and also won't state a new genre....

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow item...

    The clannishness of Ways and Means is more than merely Rosty, As the chairman is widely known. Members sufficiently fortunate to win a slot on the committee almost never leave it. House rules bar them from serving simultaneously on most other panels, S...

    ReplyDelete