Saturday 16 May 2009

Hope to cope with a small screen laptop for a bit longer

Over the last week I've been looking at a lot of paper, statements for accounts etc and found it really difficult to manage with a laptop, so I've ended up being forced to use my desktop. So I'm now use to having dual screens and lots of things open at once, again.

Which normally I'd only be doing for an hour or so in the morning, which wasn't so bad.

Anyways, this morning I've been doing some client work and found the amount of stuff I can fit on the screen of a 14" screen laptop unbarable. So I thought I'd have a go at making things smaller to see if I could improve my situation.

I've turned my DPI down to 84% and found a default zoom level add-on for firefox, which has allowed me to set all pages to 80% zoom.

Also, I use a add-on which splits pages, so I could loads of pages on the screen.

This all seems to be working quite well, this is until I get eye strain later in the day.

Hopefully these measures and increased productivity will lead to the cash to buy a bigger screen laptop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment