Friday 15 May 2009

A 3rd unlucky technical day

I've been to my mothers today with our son, my plan like the previous two occasions to do some work on my laptop while having my mam look after my son.

The first time I tried, I brought a usb wifi dongle and a wap. I got the wap and my laptop setup fine. The put the dongle in my mams machine, however it didn't work with windows 98. I didn't have any other kit with me so I was stuck that day and got nothing done. Just to explain my mam and my son like to look at train pictures on google images, which keeps them both quiet and out of my hair ;)

My next attempt I brought my wap and had planned to bring an CAT5 / RJ45 network splitter cable, which I bought online and seemed like a great idea. However I forgot it and again had no more tech with me.

Today, I tried to plan for all eventuallities. I brought the splitter cable and an old hub. However, the splitter didn't work as I'd hoped. I had 2 and they both did the same thing, I must have mis-understood when i bought them, one machine would work fine but not the other.

So I thought, I'll just use the hub. However, I was short one network cable. Which by chance I was able to borrow from my mams next door neighbour. Great I thought. However, when I got all setup the hub only seemed to have one port which worked.

So again unlucky. I almost think that I'm not meant to do any work at my mams.

Not sure what I'll try next time, I've got an adsl 4 port router I think I might try.

Its just getting silly though :(

1 comment:

  1. nike air max 90 pas cher...

    Remorseful, We had not been crystal clear. I'm attempting to decide the particular MICROSOF COMPANY focus on iSCSI tax'? Several get indicated towards the MASTER OF SCIENCE goal SW and indicated the idea executes poorly (usually VMware forums). In pa...

    ReplyDelete