Wednesday 1 October 2008

A marketing tip

This doesn't have as much SEO value as for marketing, but it does have a little SEO value.

I was told to pretend you are your customers and post of forums saying how good your products were, providing links etc.

I guess from an SEO point of view you'd have to be picking about the PR value of the sites you choose.

Also from a marketing point of view you would have to post on a popular forum.

It does seem a lot of work when you consider the benefits.

by
JM

2 comments:

  1. I have seen quite a few websites / posts which do exactly this and its also in my list of TODO's. It definitly seems hard work and I will be looking for questions related to my products so that my replies do not appear to be spam.

    One thing I definitly need to try and do is to get my web hosting customers to post hosting reviews, but thats another matter all together :) and of course more time spent finding the best sites for them to review on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posting on forums can definitely help. The problem is you have to post about topics people want to find out more about by going to your site. That's the difficult bit. If you strike lucky, it's easy, e.g. I got 50 visits a day from recent threads started at DigitalPoint BUT none of these convert to sales since the visits are from people looking for freebies. The main benefit I see is that forum posting (on the right topics) makes linkbait visible and encourages people to link to you. When I eventually start charging for my freebies, the link-building will already be done.

    ReplyDelete